Higher education= No marriage...since when?

It has gotten to that point in my programme where we are all thinking about the "next step", "now what" and "what next". I have always had a passion for working with mother and baby or working in delivery and with this comes the drive to go past undergrad into something much greater. So this is what happened o...

The otherday my professor gave a presentation on her master's thesis, afterwhich shes asked, "who is interested in a masters program?" A handful of my classmates raised hands (me inclusive) and then I heard a woman whisper to me "your gonna drive men away with your too much knowledge"

HIEY? see me see wahala? as pa..see me see cheese balls. The way I cringed at that statement was beyond me. Offcourse it was coming from african woman NOT a nigerian woman ( but woman from the central part of africa). I am very suprised that people pass through north america but have not allowed north america to pass through them.  Even at that there was no excuse for the comment because women back home (well in Nigeria) are high achievers and are married.

Like how do you tell a young girl in her early 20's such a thing? usually older women encourage younger women to aim higher. To be quite honest i found it funny and right there I was greatful for the supportive and higher achieving parents God put in my life (Cause my mom had never even uttered such a statement to me).

 Beware of dream crushers, negative people and bad belle in general that is how they go sowing seeds. Kill it! Dont water it or let those sort of bad seeds grow

A higher education does not deprive a person of a fulfilling marriage or even marriage. God is the author and finisher! and His thoughts are always of good (Jeremiah 29vs11)

Busy with exams.....last one so i am hanging in there

2 comments: