Midnight spark and a thought

I decided remake my banquet look by darkening my lower lids and highlighting my inner tear duct. I'm loving smokey eyes this winter. I used my usual


Bh cosmetics palette to create
Face: Mac studio fix NC 45
         Mac mineralized skinfinish in dark 
         Maybelline it me concealer in dark 35
         Covergirl translucent powder medium
         Blush ( Lancome's rose fresque)

Lip combo (sleek's naked and lacome's oh la la metallic)



So yeah today i was reminiscing and am thankful to God on how far i've come in my clinical rotations. I struggled alot with communication on my first rotation because I could just naturally talk to a patient. Like honestly it's not that easy encouraging a dying patient or anxious family to open up ( especially to a student). I remember my first rotation in a long term care home being so awkward cause the only oldies I ever chilled with were my grandparents (even then never for 8hrs straight) haha. I also freaked out by just giving care in total cause i would think *i don't do anything wrong, i want my care to be perfect*. Thank God my instructor removed that ''all things perfect mentality''. She made me realize that I was on the unit to learn, to gain knowledge and expertise to guide me as an evolving professional.

 I applied her advice in my paediatrics rotation and mayne was it ever hectic. I mean I had never worked with so many machines and IV's everrrrrrrr. I felt like a villager on the floor honestly cause I would hear things beeping and I would stand and just stare..as per gaze ..yes I was a serious lucozade boost. I didn't blame myself, cause  I came from 2 rotations where everything was manual. The numerous machines disoriented me. Before paediatrics, I had never seen a cardiac monitor, IV pump or even an oximeter. I did have prelabs before going into the units but trust me simulations and real life are two different things. By my 3rd week sha, I got the hang of things. I was more courageous, open minded, open to making mistakes, open to instructions and suggestions. Thankfully with these mindsets I learnt to suction nasally , administer feeds nasally and start IV medications :) Yay

 My therapeutic relationship with families improved ALOT! I went from 'umm', 'umm' To 'How is baby doing today?' or 'do you have any concerns mom'. Ok an evidence of my improvement was when a mom remembered my name on my 2nd shift with her child. As in see me leaping for joy in my heart when she said 'hey chichi, glad to see you'. Trust me families hardly remember a student's name but mehn I was 'hoverjoyed.. yelz it things like this that make student healthcare professionals smile from ear to ear. It definitely encouraged me..It may not seem like a big deal but in health care establishing a relationship is definitely a foundation to a successful care. :D sidenote she even forgot i was a student and thought I was an employed healthcare professional (I scored points with my instructor on that one)

What am I saying: There is always room to grow. When you try something out it may seem so rough, dry, foolish and you just want to quit. But it not worth quitting. Fight it out till the end. The rough edges smoothen out at the end of the day

I have more clinical shifts to go..but am getting there. No social life but it's well worth it :)


Team natural whoop whoop



0 comments:

Post a Comment