Makeup 100 :)

When the year started, I remember getting started in makeup and not having a clue what to do . I was pretty much confused because i had filled my head with so much youtube videos (telling me different things). This caused me to buy alot of  unnecessary items but anyways lesson learnt

But for any one with an interest in make up..you seriously need to start off small. So that you don't feel bad if the product is uhhh...well RUBBISH. Example of such.. my mac prep and prime ..like seeing the product really annoys me cause it does nothing lol.

Ok back to the juicy stuff. We all love eye shadows and its not uncommon that love comes at a price lol. But  I can recommend  eye shadows that will keep the love alive for a cheap but still 'quality/quantity price' :D

I introduce to you BH cosmetics. Beautiful isn't she :). Well as a student that works seasonally, I can only get what my money can buy thats why i love this store. Mac eye shadows, sugar pill and makeup forever are pro products, therefore very expensive. Thats why I feel  using bh cosmetics is the best way to start off. The prices of eye shadows range from $11-$20 and I kid you not when I say the eye shadows are QUALITY!

I have the 88 matte palette but you could choose from a wide variety of palettes that come in 120, 40 and 60 colors that are matte and contain shimmer

So check out http://www.bhcosmetics.com/
other sites http://www.coastalscents.com/ and http://shanycosmetics.com/makeup-for-sale ( a bit price compared the bh and coastal scents but very decent)

To allow your eye shadow last you'll definitely need a primer. Honestly speaking when a primer is not used the difference in klear *igbo accent*. The color looks washed out without a primer but vibrant with one. So plz sistehs hout dear, you gara invest ( I have my moments :). In english I meant my girls out there you have to invest in a primer plzzzzzz

A cheap one is the elf eyeshadow primer. http://www.eyeslipsface.com/minerals/eyes/concealers_and_primers/eyeshadow_primer
Even Bh cosmetics has a primer sooo lol that should be your one stop shop

I use the urban decay primer potion but trust that when its done...i'm switching to something cheaper :)

I also have the sleek primer palette which is a pretty good option too 
http://www.sleekmakeup.com/
Next is a set of good brushes. A shadow and blending brush is key! Forget about the other fancy names. Their necessity comes with time and practice. Again bh and elf cosmetics have standard brushes for real cheap compared to sigma and sedona lace that have a set of brushes for $80. Like the day I went on that site and saw the prices I thought to myself *one more reason to not just like but love bh cosmetics'
Next key item powder brush or foundation brush (depends on your preference) and the powder puff. The powder puff if from shoppersdrug mart hehe..the brand name is Quo

And of course a foundation or foundation powder. For starters the mac studio fix powder would be best before going into foundations. But if your interested in foundations then one from revlon or sleek would be a good starter

Well that about it for starting out. I think the key is to test out with the cheap products and then try the expensive ones later.











0 comments:

Post a Comment