Be Encouraged (School Convo)

Finally clinicals, are coming to an end. I have two weeks and approximately 4 working days to go. It's been a rough ride.  I remember getting into the nursing program without a clue of what I wanted. In my head all I wanted to do was talk to people within a health care setting. Right now it's the first semester of final year, Lord knows this chapter of my life was only possible in my dreams but I thank my God of impossibilities. One thing i've learnt about school is nothing is possible without putting God ontop. Honestly, when I tried to study all on my own strength I saw the failure. I tasted it, I bathed in it, I slept in it. As in....gosh I don't know how people go through uni without being saved for real. I have learnt so far that everything belongs to Him (beauty o, intelligence, etc). Also, knowing that I am the daughter of a king does and did take the stress off my back. I remember suffering from panic attacks because of school, hian one day I had to talk to myself abeg. I said "bia chidinma, how can an ordinary exam which you have studied for cause heart palpitation, common stop it". Honestly the devil can lie ehn. My Lord, and the thing is, i believed those lies just because, I forgot who I was. I let the enemy creep in and feed my mind with negativity. Well, I thank God for revelation and deliverance from that bondage. Nomore of that because this scripture ephesians 6 vs 10-20 has been my weapon against every lie of the enemy. Girding my waist with His truth to keep me from slipping, putting on my shield of faith to protect me from flying doubts and negativity and constantly praying as the spirit leads, indeed has been an eye opener as to how much I need to put on this armor on a daily basis. 
So, far I thank God because I've grown as a student nurse (who in yr 1) was so scared of taking temperature to a student who sets up IV's without flinching. I thank God because it's not my doing but His alone. All I pray is that He just keeps me and strengthens me as I complete the final lap of my 400m race (4yr course).  I thank Him for the people He put in my life to encourage me in my time of stress (family, friends, random folks, classmates). Like you won't believe but one of my motivations were the older folks in my program. I'm talking people in their 40's and 50's. I mean if a papa can sit in my class and learn, what is stopping a lil ole 21yr old me biko? Those people really helped me mature and get my priorities right. 

What i'm saying is, if your in school (uni, secondary or even elementary) be encouraged, it does not matter. Draw near to God, not for the sake of wanting get "blessings" but just for wanting to know Him more and He will suprise you. He suprised me and still is but that is gist for another day

0 comments:

Post a Comment